Sleeping Beauty is a 1959 American animated musical fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Productions and released by Buena Vista Film Distribution. Based on Charles Perrault's 1697 fairy tale, the film follows Princess Aurora, who was cursed by the evil fairy Maleficent to die from pricking her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel on her 16th birthday; she is rescued by three good fairies, who change the curse so that Aurora falls into a deep sleep and will be awakened by true love's kiss. The production was supervised by Clyde Geronimi, and was directed by Wolfgang Reitherman, Eric Larson, and Les Clark. It features the voices of Mary Costa, Bill Shirley, Eleanor Audley, Verna Felton, Barbara Luddy, Barbara Jo Allen, Taylor Holmes, and Bill Thompson. - Wikipedia.
This post is brought to you me late-night scrolling Instagram. And I came across a post by @nathanwillardfilms and him appreciating Sleeping Beauty. This is really going to tick off the feminists and those who think Sleeping Beauty, Princess Aurora, was raped/or whatever sick thoughts they think of. It's CHILDREN'S MOVIE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!
Here are my top 10 reasons why Disney's Sleeping Beauty is and always has been, my all-time favorite movie ever. Matter of fact, my dad would want me to rent Sword in the freakin' Stone and I always chose Sleeping Beauty and Rainbow Brite as my videos!
Without further ado, here is my top 10 list on why I love Sleeping Beauty and Princess Aurora and Prince Philip!
OPINION: Wby I Love Sleeping Beauty!
1. The three good fairies save Princess Aurora AND Prince Philip! 2. Maleficent is a bad-ass villain! Way cooler than Cruella DeVill or Yeezma! Or even Captain Hook or Gaston! 3. The art in the movie is awe-inspiring and iconic! 4. Who doesn't want their prince/princess charming kissing them gently in the morning or in the middle of the night? 5. "Once Upon a Dream" is iconic! I hope to dance to this song at my future wedding reception. Sadly, it won't be my first dance choice. That goes to I'll Be Loving You (Forever) by New Kids On The Block. 6. Have you read the erotica by Anne Rice??? Oooh baby! 7. Wait...wait...that has nothing to do with DISNEY'S SLEEPING BEAUTY!!! 8. Because the singing voice of Mary Acosta is breathtaking! 9. Flora, Fauna, and Merrywether remind me of my grandmother's. My grandma Annette (Fauna), Grandma Karen (Flora), Merrywether (Grandma Donna). I called them my three good fairies. 10. Screw the patriarchy and troublesome themes. It was the 14th Century! Go to school, you idiot!
