Thursday, September 3, 2026

42nd Birthday: Reality VS Expectations

 


Expectation: An expectation is a strong belief or mental picture that something will or should happen in the future.


Reality/rēˈalədē/: Reality means the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they are imagined, hoped for, or displayed.



Let's talk a little bit about reality vs expectations on YOUR 42ND BIRTHDAY!


Or well, I want to talk about my expectations and how on edge everyone in my inner circle feels about September 12th.


My expectations: a big fat, f***ing parade! Birthday sex! A Taylor Swift chocolate cake with chocolate frosting that says "I'm feeling forty-freakin' two!". Alone time with Steve. Going to see Practical Magic 2!


The reality: EVERYONE (INCLUDING ME) IS NERVOUS and ON EDGE! 


What could go wrong: The Lyfts I scheduled ahead NEVER come and abandon me and Steve (or leave me stranded at Steve's without my meds). The cake is the wrong flavor (but hey, I'll eat it anyway because my uncle Dude worked HARD on it! And he is recovering from hernia surgery from last month!) oh and possible severe weather hitting us on a supposedly partly cloudy day with a 20% chance of rain ☔.


What could go right? Honestly I'll be happy that I survive the day without crying and having an autistic meltdown. 


What am I doing next year? STAYING HOME! And hanging out with my folks. Maybe text Steve or hang out with him and watch some NFL Football (go Detroit Lions! Lord don't fail us this year or next year!)