Obviously, this is a triggering post. Please exit now as I will talk about car accidents, suicide, Dolly Parton, Tim Curry, and Peter Cullen. This is a very serious topic to Gen Xers, Boomers, Millennials, and Gen Zers. Please leave now.
So this week, the week I am writing on (the end of August 30th). It has been one death after another. Shit take after shit take. We lost our beloved Dolly Parton to a brief round with cancer. We lost Tim Curry at age 80 after he endured a battle with a stroke, which paralyzed him. And lastly, we lost voice actor Peter Cullen (known for 80s cartoon Transformers as the voice of Optimus Prime. But also, I know him as Murky Dismal in Rainbow Brite).


 |
From RainbowBriteCo's Facebook page. Artist credit unknown. Please email me at hi@samanthajeantate.com for credit! Please prove you created this illustration!
My special friend, Steve, got into a car accident today, August 30th. The story: He had a blinking yellow light (which in American driver's training, which means proceed with caution). The other driver who was a total DUMB ASS?! Had a blinking STOP LIGHT! STOP MEANS DO NOT GO EVEN IF IT IS BLINKING1 DUMB ASS!!!
The driver hit Steve on his driver's side. And totaled his truck. Steve is okay. No one got injured, luckily (although I think the dumb ass who was going at the blinking red light deserves something bad! But I am a Christian woman!). So not only is this going to set Steve back a pretty penny on his journey to becoming a sobriety coach. Which he told me last night that he was planning on enrolling in the spring if he could come up with the money for it. Hey Alcoholics Anonymous...if you're listening...give Steve a break and make him a sobriety coach already!!! Give him his damn training FOR FREE! He went through your program! he knows the ins and outs! He even refuses to be around my parents because THEY SMOKE CIGARETTES!! And for heaven's sake, my dad smokes weed for medical reasons! IT'S LEGAL HERE IN MICHIGAN!!
Life isn't fair at all you guys. I could have lost the person I love most in this world. I still am in love with him. And I will forever be devoted to him. Friends or more or enemies.
My Dream
I once dreamt that I was in a car accident. Now to understand this, I have a fear of driving. I also cannot legally drive because I am one of those dumb ass driver's who don't pay attention either. Or at least I was when I was 15 years old and going through my own battles with Depression NOS. And who knows, maybe I would kill myself with my own car?! Because I am mentally ill.
But anyway...I had a prophetic dream. I had a dream I got my driver's license. I was driving a red car (I don't know what kind it was!). And I rolled it. And I instantly died. Then something miraculous happened. Jesus carried me out of the wreckage! And he carried me to Heaven. And I woke up. I woke up crying, pleading Jesus to protect me, especially as a passenger.
And just recently, there was a car accident in Flint on Ann Arbor and Fifth. A church bus rolled after a car hit it.
Life is too short for hate. Too short for pettiness. Too short to not love thy neighbor and love thyself even more. Dolly Parton taught us in Steel Magnolias that "God doesn't care which church you go to, as long as you show up!". And Dolly was the epitome of Jesus Christ Himself. She loved everybody and anyone who needed love and that came to her shows or got to meet Dolly personally! It's why I am praying Dolly Parton to get Catholic sainthood. As well as Tim Curry! Tim Curry deserves sainthood as well! In my eyes, Dolly and Tim are saints already. They are universal sainthoods.
I pray we all have a better week ahead this week and the Hollywood death's stop for a while. And since this post is going out a few days early, I hope it doesn't mess up my streak and I will remember to write another blog post (this time dedicated to my upcoming 42nd birthday!)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment